Photoshop Black and White Filter
Photoshop has had a native black and white conversion filter since version CS3.
Steps in Photoshop
- Click on the Add New Layer button and Select Black and White...
Prior to CS3 Photoshop did not have a black and white conversion filter. The only way to convert images was to use the conversion methods described in this website. The black and white filter allows much greater control of your conversion. This filter effectively replaces the Channel Mixer method.
- Download the ColorChart.zip to your hard drive.
- Unzip the file and extract the ColorChart.jpg file
- Open the jpg file in Photoshop.
- Add the Black and White filter layer.
- Adjust the sliders and observe the results.